Fight between Khabib and McGregor teammates cancelled after UFC 229 post-match brawl Get short URL A bout between the team members of Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor, which was scheduled for October 27, has been called off, according to a report by Russian news agency TASS. Read more
Nurmagodov team member, Zuybara Tukhugov, who was involved in the post-fight brawl in Las Vegas last Saturday, has been removed from the upcoming UFC card according to Lobov’s management, as cited by TASS.
READ MORE: 'I don't want to repeat it' – Khabib on McGregor teammate words that triggered THAT octagon jump
McGregor’s teammate Artem Lobov, who wasn’t involved in the melee, will now face a new opponent instead.
“The fight is cancelled due to the riots at UFC 229. Artem will get a new opponent,” said a member of the team’s management.
READ MORE: Three members of Khabib team arrested after mass brawl mars UFC 229 win over McGregor
Following the incident, UFC President Dana White said at the press conference that the athletes with UFC contracts who were involved in the brawl will never fight in the UFC again.
Although there was no official announcement regarding Tukhugov since then, the pair are still mentioned as the co-main event fight of the UFC Volkan v Smith event on the organization’s website.
Apart from Tukhugov, there were at least two more Nurmagomedov team members who were involved in the fight. These were his cousin Abubakar Nurmagomedov, who is an MMA fighter, although he is not signed with the UFC, and team’s wrestling coach Esedulla Emirgaev.